The Office of Planning Design and Construction Administration (OPDCA) is the contact point to initiate all projects on campus that will in any way alter the grounds of Mississippi State University or it facilities. OPDCA is responsible for reviewing all proposed alterations and renovation projects on campus, regardless of cost, to ensure that the state law, building codes, Masterplan, design guidelines, sustainability guidelines and the American Disabilities Act are followed.
The OPDCA is responsible for the full range of facilities planning services from adhering to the Campus Master Plan to the concept of a new facility and the demolition of unneeded facilities. The OPDCA is also responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the design, project management and construction administration of all capital improvement projects located on lands owned by Mississippi State University.
- Coordination between the Institutions of Higher Learning, the Bureau of Buildings, and the Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
- Manages the planning, design, specifications, estimates, sustainability, energy efficiency, budgets and procurement procedures to accomplish capital improvement projects for all University projects.
- Maintains the Master Plan and ensures that all projects meet the architectural guidelines as set forth in the Master Plan.
- Coordinates typical planning functions which include standards development, surveys and topographic information, infrastructure planning, historic preservation, capital improvements, repairs and renovation planning.
- Responsible for document preparation for approvals, for the Intuitions of Higher Learning, Bureau of Buildings, funding request.
- Management of design professionals.
- Coordinates the input of facility requirements for MSU departments with various design professionals to ensure the MSU requirements are included in project designs.
- Manages the development of the bid and construction documents for all capital and improvement projects.
- Construction administration and budget analysis for all capital improvement projects.
- Attends progress meetings, monitors construction progress, reviews and approves progress payments for construction, monitors construction project budget, and coordinates MSU requirements with the professional and contractor when change orders or modifications are required.
- Manages all space on campus.
The Office of Planning Design and Construction Administrations welcomes all Design Professionals and Contractors to participate in the building and renovation of facilities and properties owned by Mississippi State University.